Prairie Centre FHSAs
The Tax-Free First Home Savings Account (FHSA) is an investment arrangement available to Canadian residents aged 18 or older, that allows first-time home buyers a tax advantage option to save for a down payment.
• Resident of Canada
• The withdrawal is made within 30 days of moving into the home
• Has written agreement to buy or build a qualifying home before October 1st of the year following the withdrawal
• The qualifying home is in Canada
• Is between the ages of 18 to 71;
• Has a valid SIN, and
• Is a first-time home buyer
These types of eligible investments are restricted under the Income Tax Act, and include:
- Term deposits and GICs
- Variable interest savings accounts
- Mutual Funds*
- Publicly traded securities*
We’re here to help!
Select one of the icons below to learn more.
*Mutual funds and other securities are offered through Qtrade Advisor, a division of Credential Qtrade Securities Inc.
*Mutual funds are offered through Qtrade Asset Management (a tradename of Credential Asset Management Inc).
Commissions, trailing commissions, management fees, and expenses, all may be associated with mutual fund investments. Please read the prospectus before investing. Mutual funds are not guaranteed. Their values change frequently and past performance may not be repeated.